Monday, February 21, 2011

Checking things off...

Well this weekend I got three very important items checked off my "to do list". I FINALLY got Addison's bedroom furniture and bedding ordered!!! I can not tell you people how relieved I feel now. I can actually lay my head down at night and know my child will have a bed to sleep in. Not that it really matters, seeing as how she will be in our bedroom for at least a month after she is born. Yes... I don't see any since in denying it.:) I am not ashamed either.  I have been waiting on this little girl for quite sometime and I am going to enjoy every single moment that I can of watching her sleep, or not sleep (depending on how she may feel at the time). 


This is what her crib looks like. We didn't order the other two pieces in the picture. We ordered a dresser with a hutch and one tall dresser. Sorry, no pictures of those.




This is the glider that will be in her room for all those lovely nights I get to read her books and rock her to sleep. I can hardly wait!




And this is the fabric I used for her bedding and curtains. Mom and I went Sunday afternoon to B'ham to meet with a lady who had fabric coming out her ears! There was anything and everything you could want. If she didn't have it, which was highly unlikely, she could get it.  As I browsed around I was sure I would become overwhelmed and leave in tears with nothing accomplished for my baby girl, but I found something I really loved! It was not what I had picked out in my mind, but I think I like it better than the original fabric I had decided on. I can't wait to see what everything will look like once she's finished!


5 comments:

  1. Addison's room is going to be beautiful. I am so excited for you and us. She will be one loved little girl. Love Aunt Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! And I think it's perfectly fine for sweet Addison to sleep in your room for as long as you want! I hope she will let you rock - Avery Claire was a bouncer, not a rocker! But I did get my arms a little toner from all the bouncing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE the furniture!! Fabric looks really cute too! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It will be so cute! I am so excited for ya'll. There is no love like the love you will feel for that little girl so brace your heart for impact!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing short of beautiful. So glad you are blogging so we can see all the goodies and be apart of Addison's life. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete