Monday, December 6, 2010

The Big Announcement

Let me start off by saying, six year olds are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. For the past four months there has been "speculation" that Mrs. Wesley is going to have a baby.  I wanted to wait until I started showing and was good and out of the woods before I shared the great news to my classroom babies. None of the students ever came right out and asked me if I was pregnant....I would just hear them whispering to one another. I would hear things like... "I heard her say BABY to Mrs. Robertson or "She ain't gonna have no baby...them boys are just saying that!" (Yes...we need to work on double negatives.) So after 16 weeks I decided to share the wonderful news with my class. A few days ago for my read aloud I decided to read Our Teacher's Having A Baby. I read the entire book without anyone saying a word. At the end of the story I asked the students why they thought I chose that particular book to read. After several moments of silence...which is RARE among my students, one of my girls said "The boys were right! You're gonna have a baby!" I of course had a huge smile across my face and the students started laughing. A few seconds later, the questions came....
Let me just say to my unborn child, since I  have confirmed the news...you have had more love and hugs than anyone could think possible. :)They love you already, but not as much as your mommy!!!  I have a  class full of sweeties!! I am blessed in so many ways.
 Here are just a few pictures of the announcement.







4 comments:

  1. I read that book to my class when I was pregnant with Emma! When I told my class this year we played "hangman"! Isn't it amazing at all the love you get from those babies? We're so happy for y'all, and can't wait to find out what Baby W is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how sweet! I love how those little ones are so sweet....by the time they get to me they say things like...."why you want to have a baby?"...which is what mine said after I finally had to break the news at school! Teenages are sooooo precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!!!! One more week and we'll know whether to buy pink or blue outfits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! Yes, I have to agree with Elena that they are precious, except my preteens keep asking me why I do not have kids. At least once a week, I get that question. They have no fear!!

    ReplyDelete