Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hormonal embarrassment....

For those of you who are unaware of my emotional state right now.... let me warn you.....I have been a time bomb waiting to happen. Well today... someone pulled the pin! I was on my way to my Dr.s visit, already in a tizzy because I was going to be about 5 min. late ( I really hate to keep people waiting)  I politely called and informed them that I was running a tad bit late but would be there very soon. As I am hanging up the phone I stop at a stop sign behind a white SUV and what do I see??? Blue lights pulling out of a church parking lot right behind me. (Pin pulled) I am not one to cry in public, but as I saw those lights turn on I realized I was going to be a LOT later than 5 min. and I have NO IDEA what happened to me (well yes I do, I'm an emotional basket case ) but I began to cry and I don't mean tears in my eyes. Ohhhh no, this BIG girl began sobbing and I could not stop to save my life! The police officer walked up and began informing me that I was following too close behind the car in front of me. I could not focus. And so it began....
Dialog: Police: "Ma'am I need your driver license." Me: "What? Oh yeah ..(insert uncontrollable sobbing) I then proceed to give the man my Blue Cross Ins. Card. Police: "Ma'am, this is an ins. card" Me: "Oh yes....I just ...um... (insert more sobbing) I'm late for an appt." Police: "I also need your proof of car insurance."
Me: Ok....   Dig Dig Dig for it.   Police: "Ma'am this is out of date."  Me: "Well I have more...hold on. Dig Dig Dig. I give him another and continue digging. (Note to self....discard old cards!! Why do I keep them all piled in the glove compartment?) Police: "Ok Ma'am I have all I need now"  As he walks back to his car I try to regain my composure...Alli it's just a ticket.... geeezzzz  chillllll..... you are embarrassing yourself!! I try to breathe and then the tears come AGAIN. I think I am ok when he comes back and proceeds to give me the ticket. And the tears start falling again! Now I do NOT expect any special treatment because I am pregnant, but I wish I had been forwarned about these pesky hormones! I have not been this emotional my whole pregnancy! I was sooo embarassed, but I just could NOT stop crying! So after this I get to walk in the Dr's office all red faced and teary eyed. The sweet receptionist says hello and I start ALL over again! I was at the point of trying not to make eye contact with anyone because when someone would speak to me I would start crying all over again! I know... I AM CRAZY!!! Gracious me! I of course have to be in public when the hormones set in! I finally see my Dr. who obviously could tell I was upset, but did not mention my emotional state. I'm sure he knew I would probably burst into tears again.:)  Anyways...The dr. appt. went well, and I had a wonderful cry squall on the way home. :)  Hopefully that break down will be the one and only public display of hormones.:) For those that pray daily, please add my husband to your prayer list:)

6 comments:

  1. OH Allison , i am soo sorry ,, evidently that policeman has never had a pregnant wife or he would have been more understanding and NOT have given you a ticket !! you want my cell number so you can call me next time ?? LOL
    he should be ashamed.. bless your heart ..
    otherwise,, how was your day and your dr appt?
    love ya bunches.. bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you!! You have the perfect excuse to be emotional - don't worry one bit about it! That mean policeman shouldn't have given you a ticket for such a silly thing. He probably could have given everyone on the road a ticket for the same thing. Hope everything looked great with sweet Addison! You'll get to meet her before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alli ! Sorry you got a ticket. If it makes you feel better, I would have cried too and I have no reason to be emotional- ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe he gave you a ticket, come on man where is your heart?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you do deserve a little special treatment when you are expecting! I completely understand the hormones. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten emotional during my pregnancies! I've already done it once or twice with this pregnancy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My emotional outbursts haven't reared their ugly heads this pregnancy, but I don't think they are far off. Don't you feel ashamed! I think it's an extra little dig that God threw at Eve after they disobeyed him. Like he said,"You will be cursed with painful childbirth AND you will go nuts at any and every unexpected moment." It was probably a a dual punishment for husband and wife! lol Because the husband has to "put up" with it.

    ReplyDelete