Monday, July 25, 2011

What We've Been Up To

It's been a busy but fun couple of weeks. Addison and I have been on the go and she and I are both loving it! We have been in these four walls for far too long.:) She is loving the new scenary and new faces. Did I mention I'm starting back to work in 2 ...count them 2 weeks! :( I know, I know I shouldn't complain, but I am sooo going to miss my sweet girl! We have had a wonderful 3 months together. I have been so blessed to get to stay home with her for this long, and as bad as I don't want to leave her, I am very grateful for getting to go back to my J-O-B.

Several of my peeps gave me the EXCELLENT advice to gradually let Addison start going to daycare. Of course I'm not worried about her getting adjusted as much as I am ME getting adjusted. I know  she will be taken care of, but I do think gradually letting her stay will help ME let go a little easier.  She will be joining her BFF Reese and cousin Hudson at Mrs. Elizabeth's daycare. She also knows the rest of the daycare crew from church. She stayed for 3 whole hours Wednesday while I went to the dentist. We are gonna let Mrs. Liz keep her another 1/2 day this week. I feel so blessed to have someone I trust keeping my baby girl. Mrs. Liz is so good with all of the kids and I can tell that Addison is going to have more love and attention than she knows what to do with. (There seems to be a lot of little mommys willing to lend a helping hand);)

                        Addison's First Day at Daycare


We also met up with some great friends last week. This is my college bud Leslie and her little handsome man Drake. We met for lunch and did a little school supply shopping at the Dollar Tree.



Drake needed to make sure Addison's carseat was
safe for her ride home.


She was worn out by the time we got home! We had a great time and hope to visit with Leslie and Drake again soon!



We've also been doing a lot of THIS the past few weeks. She is the best little "snuggle bug" on Earth!



               Look at that SWEET face! I can't kiss it enough.

5 comments:

  1. I know she is going to have so much fun at day care! And i know just how said you will be, but it does get easier. If you need to you can call me and we can cry together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of her sleeping! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! My sweet babes will be reappearing at Mrs. Elizabeth's next week. Since Justin insists we need insurance, thus making me continue to work (ha!), I am so thankful to have her to take care of my little ones! :)

    ReplyDelete